Devotion for Thursday October 26, 2017
Topic: Holy Spirit Reorders Our Prayers
Text: Romans 8:26 – 28
Holy Spirit is indispensable in the Christian life we live. A Christian life demand living in Spirit and it is obvious that man in the flesh cannot live well and please God if the spirit does not take over such life. Here in our text, Apostle Paul explains some of the things the Holy Spirit does for us in bearing our weaknesses.
1) By giving us strength to bear them
2) By exciting us to make efforts to overcome them
3) By ministering to us consolations, and truths, and views out our Christian privileges that enable us to endure our trials.
The reasons we do not know what to pray for may be for the following reasons:
1) That we do know what would really be the best for us.
2) We do not know want God will grant to us according to His will
3) We are, to a great extent ignorant of the character of God, the reason of His dealings with us and our real wants.
4) We are often in real, deep perplexity. We are encompassed with trials, exposed to temptations, feeble to diseases, and subject to calamities. These, put us in despair and changes our focus.
Do you have the Holy Spirit in your life? When we allow Holy Spirit to have full control over our lives, then we can pray well and get what we need. Allow Him into your life so He can reorder your priorities and needs.
Food for Thought: James 4:3
Memory verse: Romans 8:26
Prayer: Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit so He can do the impossible in my life and reorder my request always so I can gain your approval in Jesus name.